Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Inspiration

(SIGH OF RELIEF) she's exactly what I needed!
              I've been struggling with myself and how I want to "come off" to others, trying to appeal to everyone. I wanna be a "real boy" but it always comes back to extravagance... I am Extravagant. Nothing left to do but embrace it! This woman embodies everything that I've been trying to suppress! but she embraces it and she does it so beautifully! She's strong, she's tough, she's masculine, she's feminine, she's edgy, she's a classic beauty. She's statuesque, she's stunning, timeless, confident. In your face. she's a woman fearless and FIERCE!!! I have so much respect for her.
            I've always struggled with the fact that I'm not cute. I didn't grow up cute or pretty. I felt inadequate when it came to those type of girls because they usually got the guys that I wanted. The women in my family were/are not cute. Just a FORCE to be reckoned with. we are not societies stay in the kitchen type woman. (well maybe one of us is) but we're really just some rosie the riveter type women! I guess I always kind of resented them for it. Because I wanted to be that cutesie kind of girl. But I rather enjoy being the girl that dabbles and plays with gender rules and roles. I like being cheeky, I like defying gravity. guess what I'm scared to. when I was younger I wasn't now I am. And now I'm getting it back. The more time I spend in the city the more I find my muchness.
            For a while I had lost my inspiration for makeup. I work in a makeup store and they want us to get excited about new season trends and looks and colors. "It's nice, but not so much amazing". I'm an artist. not a person who's good at make so that makes me an artist. NO. I'm an ARTIST. I have to be inspired to create. Be it songs, drawings, makeup, costumes or photography. That inspiration just wasn't working. and I'm stubborn so when I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it. and you know what I'm not going to apologize for it. not after meeting her.
                This girl is amazing and I salute her shorts because she's fabulous! and it let's me know that I can be who I am and make no apologies for it. Embrace it! don't worry about who's gonna want you or not gonna want you. you gotta do your THANG! and they can either fall in line, or don't waste your time. But she's just given me that boost of inspiration that I really needed. It's reassuring. I was trying NOT to go towards the light. but in seeing the big picture, WE ARE WHO WE ARE! and I'm amaze balls. I AM THE LIGHT :-)

Current song:
Defying Gravity- Wicked

*eLLe

No comments:

Post a Comment