Monday, June 23, 2014

Let it go

    I lost it, I just fcuking lost it. Yesterday was just one kick in the stomach after another. All within a 5 hour span. Was it anything earth shattering not really. But definitely something that plays to my weakness and that's letting go. It's a hard concept for me. Of coarse, I call momma! I really do wish that the world could hear some of the shit she says! I can't deal with her. And as I was soaking in all of her wisdom... (Cue the second blow)
     My grandmothers house is going up for auction ( jaw dropped). And I just lost it. I can't let go of that house. It's not a matter of can't. I have no choice. And even though my mom says she okay about it. I don't believe her. She's like I haven't driven by the house since peach cut the maple tree in the front yard... ( wait what!!!!!). Are you serious? Now all the grand kids are just stuck and at a loss because we're not ready. But we can't afford it. All I can think of is the Brady bunch movie, like we all need to come together and enter a contest that offers a prize money amount that's enough to save a house and we show up at the nick of time. And I'm in Boston. LET GO. The house hasn't been the same anyway since she died. But it was grandmas house. So may memories and no way to truly express how I feel about it. There's no way to fix this. Cherish what memories came from that place and pay it forward. Build a house and a family and foundation right. How? Don't rush it, be financially stable first. Don't get hasty because you want something now. You'll then compromise your expectations and settle.
     I wanna get over there and have a minute alone. I don't know how possible that's gonna be. And that's what kills me. Watching something slip out of your fingers and having no control over it. My emotions are like a wild animal that can't be tamed and I can't control those either. Maybe I'm doing better than I think but it's not feeling that way.
     ANDD as I try to figure out how to revamp my trip home this weekend with jb. I get my final blows. And I'm on system overload! I can't deal, I lay quiet and watch Orange is the New Black. Which turned into an awesome roommate session of red wine and back to back episodes of Portlandia. Wait rewind, I don't drink wine. OH but I did last night and when the bottle was through we popped champagne. It was such a drunken high I wasn't used to. According to my roomie I was giggly and childish hahaha! I just shut the world and my brain off and said nope not today. I'm still not ready to open Pandora's box but I really have to figure out my trip home. Ugh I'm so not interested in this transaction.
        All these things are not earth shattering just sucky and the only resolve is to just cry, vent whatever. And then let it go

*eLyse

Current Song (s):

This Use to be my playground- Madonna
Reconsider (Jamie xx remix) - the xx
Intro- The Xx
Paper aeroplanes- Julia and Augustus
Black bird- The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment