Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy Anniversary Boston

           Happy One year! I've survived Boston for a year! I can remember eating dinner with my mother up here and after her seeing how much I would retreat when discussing my experience up here she says to me " Do you want to move back home?!" She was so concerned. She was reassuring me that it was okay if I felt like I really couldn't manage this on my own. I wanted to go home, soooo bad, but I said No, quietly and with the utmost of terror in my heart that I couldn't do it. She didn't believe me. She wanted to save me because she knows I'm the baby. This was huge for me, and this was truly the farthest I've been away from my mother (I'm kind of really attached to my mom). I think she had a sheer streak of panic as well. All of that to say, I remember how much I was starting to second guess my being up here. I'm glad I didn't give up.
          Speaking of giving up, I'm even happier that I didn't give up on JB. In my previous blogs I was like running for the hills. I was not about getting hurt. But in trying to protect myself I was essentially not allowing myself to be happy. Thus, I was hurting myself. In my head, if I hurt myself that's okay. But others were NOT allowed. In the words of Kevin Hart "ya'll gon learn today!". And I definitely did! Sitting on pins and needles wondering if my "wall" had officially pissed her off for good. Man talk about damage control! That shit is not cute and really, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!! Ryan and Peach coached me through my "come to jesus moment". It was hard because I'm soooo FAALLKKKIINNNGGGG Stubborn!! and when I've made up my mind and the gate is closed... BYE FELICIA! I didn't want to be that way... not with her anyway. I saw myself being a 40 something year old woman pushing people out, still having a hard time accepting myself (cough cough peach cough cough) and I said "NOPE ain't bout that life". One of the Best decisions I've ever made.
           Speaking of Best decisions ever made, I recently left my job at the restaurant and got back into skin care and cosmetics world. Only I work for a cute boutique in boston that is all about healthy wholesome and safe products whilst being high performance. But it's been such an eye opening experience thus far. I'm so excited to see where it takes me! I think this is the first time that "relocating" was not the reason for my leaving a company. I love Boston and it really has been doing great things for me and my relationships. I've been really putting myself to the test and seeing what I'm made of. I really want to throw myself an anniversary party for myself, yo I'm mad proud of myself! As I should be. Slow and steady.
            But I've getting that "yo your life is about to take off" and maybe it's not... But I like when I get that feeling like everything is about to get more interesting, but it is all coming together and you're gonna be alright kid!

       Here's to Boston and really being able to flourish and really find my own.

*Elysium

 Current Song (s):

Don't Look Back- TelepopMusik

No comments:

Post a Comment